5 Must Do’s to Sell Your Home This Year
By Dianne Roberts, Roberts Caribbean Ltd.
Grenada Real Estate
June 25th, 2017
You have finally made the decision to sell your home. I know you thought about doing this for a while, and in some cases agreeing to let your home go was not easy, but you made it. Congratulations! Here are five (5) MUST DO’S to sell your home this year.
1. Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes – Ask yourself this question. What about my home that is likely to be appealing and/or could turn a potential buyer away? Use these results as a guide in getting your home ready for a sale.
2. Clean and Declutter – Clean the property. Power wash external driveways and steps in cases where dirt has build-up. Remove all unnecessary objects from the inside and outside of the property that have been stored up for a while. Clear counter tops, and tops of cupboards. Remove or properly store any material that is underneath your house. Buyers enjoy CLEAN SPACES.
3. Brighten – Invest in some paint, it can do wonders. Use nice light colours and curtains that allow more light to enter your home. Buyers love BRIGHT SPACES. Spice up your kitchen or living area with an accent wall – you will be amazed at the transformation.
4. Determine the selling price – This is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Try to emotionally disconnect yourself from the property. I know you invested a lot of time, money and love in building your home. But you are not selling love or time, you are selling value for money! Price the property close to what you believe the market will pay. Your Roberts Caribbean Agent can assist you or recommend that you do a valuation of the property.
5. Contact our team at Roberts Caribbean to put your property on the market for sale.
We are ready to make the sale happen!
Contact us today!
Telephone: 473-442-9999 | Whatsapp: 473-404-9999
2nd floor Bruce Street Commercial Complex
Bruce Street, St. George’s, Grenada